This is a repost from last winter, but as it gets colder and colder here in Upstate New York, I thought we could all use the reminders.
I had an awesome, inspiring weekend in New York City. I made some new writerly friends (Hi, Guys! *waves*), and met some amazing authors.
Here are some highlights – I apologize if my quotes are not exact. I did my best to take faithful notes, but I also didn’t want to miss anything important by focusing on note-taking.
- Picture books are the lynchpin of a child’s emotional beginning. Jane Yolen
- “I’ve read 40 of your books and they’re so boring.” From a letter by a child to R.L. Stine
- Say yes to everything. You never know where it will lead. R.L. Stine
- Save the chaos and drama for your books. Sara Zarr
- Fundamental difference between adults and kids is that kids are shorter. Mo Willems
- Don’t believe in yourself. Believe in the work. Linda Sue Park